About Calvary Baptist Church
The History of Calvary Baptist Church
At the end of 1955, God moved in the lives of several members of a Baptist church in Massachusetts, to plant a church in the Warehouse Point/Windsor Locks area of Connecticut. Several families had already been holding house Bible studies in that area, and so with their church's blessing, they began working towards the goal that the Lord had laid on their heart.
On June 3rd, 1956, Calvary Baptist Church had its first Lord’s Day services, meeting in a rented facility in Warehouse Point, CT. By God’s grace the ministry grew, and by May of 1959, the Lord had opened the way for the church to purchase a two-acre lot on Elm Street in Windsor Locks, CT. In 1961 a groundbreaking service was held. Then, on March 4th, 1962, the church building was dedicated, and its doors opened to the Windsor Locks community.
Since then, God has used the ministry of Calvary Baptist Church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the town of Windsor Locks and the surrounding areas.